It is shaping up to be a beautiful day here in the Denver metro area and it appears that the nice weather will be continuing into the weekend. I am already planning to spend some time both working and relaxing outside on Saturday.
Taking care of yourself involves care for your whole self – biologically, psychologically, socially and spiritually. Getting outside provides opportunity for you to do this. Take a walk. Clear your mind. Ride your bike with a friend. Relax in a hammock while reading your Bible or praying.
The article linked here offers 12 reasons for you to spend more time outdoors and includes the following:
- Walking in nature could improve your short-term memory.
- Being outdoors has a demonstrated de-stressing effect.
- Enjoying the outdoors helps eliminate fatigue.
- Outdoor experiences may help fight depression and anxiety.
- Spending time outside lowers blood pressure.
- It could improve your ability to focus.
- You may perform better on creative tasks after being outside.
If you would like to get out but are unsure where to go, you can visit a site like Dayhikes Near Denver or do a simple online search for suggestions.
As always, I would be honored to assist you in your growth and development process. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to schedule an appointment.